‘Tis the season to ask: Should I purchase LED (Light Emitting Diode) or traditional (Incandescent) lights?
Here are the Pros and Cons of LED lights to help light your path to a decision:
Come see our Garden Center for all your lights this season!
- LED lights shine with brighter, bolder colors than traditional lights.
- LED lights “burn” cooler, meaning they don’t really get hot. This is good news because they don’t pose as much of a fire hazard as traditional lights, which feel warm – often hot – to the touch.
- LED lights use far less energy than traditional lights. In fact, the average set of LED lights use 90% less energy than traditional lights. You can also connect more end-to-end because they use less wattage.
- The life expectancy for LED lights is ten timesgreater than traditional lights. LED lights have no fragile filament to contend with, and no fragile tube. They are resistant to heat, cold and shock.
- LED lights cost more- on average about two to three times that of traditional lights.
- Some people think the LED lights are too harsh and bright compared to the traditional lights.